Imagine Having a Private Airplane Pilot
Your home buying Realtor is called a Buyer’s Agent. Imagine having your very own airplane pilot, it’s a good analogy for what your Buyer’s Agent does for you. You would expect them to:
- Help you decide the best route to get you where you want to go.
- Educate you about how every flight has some “turbulence” but they will use their experience and skills to help avoid problems or reduce effects of the unavoidable.
- Work with a team of other professionals to avoid problems and safely land you at your destination.
A Buyer’s Agent does the same things for you. In fact, choosing a Buyer’s Agent may be the single most important decision in buying a home. What factors are important to you?
- Someone younger? older? Similar in age to you?
- A male? female? or does it matter?
- Someone who only works in a specific neighborhood?
- Or someone who works mostly with first time buyers?
- Any other considerations?
You tend to find what you are looking for. While its important to decide what you’d like in your Buyers Agent, don’t get so rigid that you miss out on someone who may have skills that far outweigh other factors.
Don’t choose a Buyer’s Agent just because you know them. What you need to know is that they are exceptional.
Next, download our “Checklist to Find a Buyer’s Agent” to take the next step. Remember, a mediocre Buyer’s Agent can cost you a lot of money, but an exceptional one doesn’t cost you anything!
Thinking of buying a home in the Portland, Oregon area? Checkout our First Time Home Buyer Classes!
“Look for an agent with at least 2 years experience.” – US Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (we recommend 3-5 years)How to Find an Exceptional Buyer's Agent,
Choose a state from the drop-down menu for specific state information related to this lesson.
Your email address and personal information are confidential and will not be sold or rented by Fearless Homebuyer.